- 1988 : Jaguar Kickboxing Club formed by Kevin Houghton, based at St Mary’s Rooms
- 1995 : Moved to Lincoln Road Sports Facility
- 1997 : Name changed to Newark Martial Arts
- 2000 : Moved to current home at 49 Castlegate, Newark
- 2002 : Newark Amateur Boxing Club formed
- 2012 : Some of our top amateur fighters decide to start their journey towards turning professional in their chosen disciplines of boxing, kickboxing and MMA
Whether you’re an absolute beginner, an enthusiastic amateur or a would-be professional, you can train with champions at NMA Fitness Centre.
And age isn’t a barrier either – our members and clients range from 5 to 65 and beyond!
The facilities of our 4,000 sq ft Main Gym and our Strength & Conditioning Studio are second to none; our coaches offer personal training, classes and bootcamps six days a week; and our regular fight nights showcase the talents of some best boxers and kickboxers around.
The only local organisation of its kind endorsed by the Newark Family of Schools, NMA Fitness Centre is also affiliated to the Newark Youth College and all relevant sporting professional bodies.
Whatever your aims – from improving health, fitness, stamina or self-confidence to training as a committed fighter – NMA Fitness Centre has a class or course to suit you.
Our goals are simple – to be the best gym in town and to help you become the best you can!